The Membership Committee consists of four faculty members (one from each division), one P&A staff, two USA staff, and two students.
Committee members shall be elected to two-year terms, with the exception of student members who are elected to one-year terms, at a meeting of the Campus Assembly late each spring semester. The terms of members shall be staggered so as to provide some continuity of experience. Only members of Campus Assembly are eligible for election to the Membership Committee. A vacancy shall be filled by special election. In the spring, the committee elects its own chair for the forthcoming years from among its returning members.Committee members shall be elected at a spring semester assembly meeting. Only members of Campus Assembly are eligible to be on the Membership Committee. The vice chair shall be elected first for a term of one year and then serve as chair for the next year. The other members shall be elected next, terms being one year for students and two years on a staggered basis for others. There are no restrictions on reelection. Vacancies shall be filled by special election.
The Membership Committee has the following responsibilities:
- To recommend all membership and designate chairs of all standing and ad hoc committees. This shall be done during the spring semester for the ensuing academic year. Full committee rosters, except four student slots on core standing assembly committees (reserved for MCSA First-Year Committee members), will be brought for action to the last campus assembly meeting of the spring semester.
- To ensure the proper elections of members of the Campus Assembly by the Morris Campus Student Association (MCSA) and the United Staff Association (USA) as specified in Article IV, Section 7.
- To prepare election slates for positions on the Steering Committee, on the Membership Committee, and for the position of parliamentarian.
- To advise the president on the membership of a search committee in the selection of a chancellor.
- To track the review schedule of the chancellor and to advise the president on review committee membership in accord with Article II, Section 2.
- To track the review schedule of all administrators who report to the chancellor and to advise the chancellor on review committee memberships in accord with Article II, Section 3.
- To advise the VCAA/dean on the appointment of division chair selection committees and division chair review committees, according to Article III, Section 2.
- To advise the chancellor on the appointment of members to search committees for administrative positions that report directly to the chancellor.
- To carry out other functions delegated to it by the assembly.
—from the UMM Constitution and By-Laws
- Stacey Aronson (2nd term 2014-16)
- Nancy Carpenter (2nd term 2015-17)
- Ken Emo (1st term 2014-16)
- Roger Rose (3rd term 2015-17)
- Sophia Derbes (1st term 2015-16)
- Colin Wray (1st term 2015-16)
- Jeff Lamberty (1st term 2014-16)
- Jodi Sperr (3rd term 2015-17)
- Chris Dallager (1st term 2015-17)
- Carrie Grussing