The Consultative Committee consists of nine voting members and one non-voting member.
- Seven of the voting members shall be elected by their constituencies
- three faculty
- three P&A staff
- three USA staff
- three students
- Personnel holding the following titles are not eligible for membership:
- vice chancellor
- associate vice chancellor
- assistant vice chancellor
- division chair
Each of the four constituencies elects its own representatives, in the spring or by special election in the event of a vacancy. Members are expected to represent their own constituencies but also act in the best interests of the entire campus community. Terms are for two years with a maximum of three consecutive terms. The committee elects its own chair.
The Consultative Committee has the following responsibilities:
Reflecting the balance of its composition, the Consultative Committee serves as a campus sounding board for those who wish to seek input or feedback on proposals or initiatives related to campus governance prior to submitting them to the Steering Committee or who wish to express or review concerns outside the scope of campus governance and/or receive recommendations concerning follow-up with appropriate campus offices or programs. The Consultative Committee will hear reports and recommendations from the Morris campus representative to the all-University Faculty Consultative Committee as appropriate regarding relevant allUniversity issues.
The committee may submit recommendations or proposals to the Steering Committee. All proposals or recommendations from the committee, regardless of whether or not they are submitted to the Steering Committee, must be issued in writing and are subject to the same disclosure policies that govern materials produced by other governance committees.
- Sarah Buchanan (1st term 2017-19), co chair
- Michelle Page (1st term 2016-18)
- Ann DuHamel (1st term (2016-18)
- Angela Stangl (1st term 2016-18), co-chair
- Mike Cihak (1st term 2017-19)
- Roger Wareham (1st term 2017-19)
- Nancy Helsper (1st term 2016-18)
- Janel Mendoza (1st term 2017-19)
- Jeri Squier (1st term 2017-19)
- Noah Pilugin (2nd term 2017-18)
- Elsie Wilson (1st term 2017-18)
- Tiernan Lenius (1st term 2017-18)