The Consultative Committee consists of nine voting members and one non-voting member.
- Seven of the voting members shall be elected by the Campus Assembly
- three faculty
- three P&A staff
- three USA staff
- three students
- Personnel holding the following titles are not eligible for membership:
- vice chancellor
- associate vice chancellor
- assistant vice chancellor
- division chair
Each of the four constituencies elects its own representatives, in the spring or by special election in the event of a vacancy. Members are expected to represent their own constituencies but also act in the best interests of the entire campus community. Terms are for two years with a maximum of three consecutive terms. The committee elects its own chair.
The Consultative Committee has the following responsibilities:
Reflecting the balance of its composition, the Consultative Committee serves as a campus sounding board for those who wish to seek input or feedback on proposals or initiatives related to campus governance prior to submitting them to the Steering Committee or who wish to express or review concerns outside the scope of campus governance and/or receive recommendations concerning follow-up with appropriate campus offices or programs.
The committee may submit recommendations or proposals to the Steering Committee. All proposals or recommendations from the committee, regardless of whether or not they are submitted to the Steering Committee, must be issued in writing and are subject to the same disclosure policies that govern materials produced by other governance committees.
—from the UMM Constitution and By-Laws
- Michelle Page (1st term 2016-18), co-chair
- Ted Pappenfus (1st term 2015-17)
- Ann DuHamel (1st term (2016-18)
- Angela Stangl (1st term 2016-18), co-chair
- Kelly Asche (1st term 2015-17)
- Lori Kurpiers (2nd term 2016-18)
- Brenda Boever (1st term 2015-17)
- Jane Kill (1st term 2015-17)
- Nancy Helsper (1st term 2016-17)
- Noah Pilugin (1st term 2016-17)
- Fiona Wu (1st term 2015-16)